It’s been 6 weeks since I toured the Ford plant in Chicago. better late than never, right?
There is so much to tell you that I can’t think of it all. Here are some bullet points:
- Virtual assembly ergonomic planning- awesome!
- I was impressed that there is a union rep (non-employee) on the floor at all times.
- The plant is seamlessly efficient.
- Their assembly standards are superior. If any of the machines or computers do not detect a step in sequence or a measurement is not to spec, that car will not leave the plant.
- Ford innovation is remarkable.
- Parking assist, I need that.
- Seat warmers I can live without.
If a photo doesn’t make sense, ask and I will try to explain it!