I have grown tired of the standard about page format. I am no good at writing about myself in the third person, so I am going to answer some questions that you have been wondering:
- How would you describe yourself?
Blabbering naval gazer.
- You’re married, right?
Yes, for 10 years to the same guy.
- How many kids to you have?
2 girls, 2 years apart. Today they are 7.5 (Fluffy) and 5.5 (Bear).
- What’s with the nicknames?
I would like for my girls to choose whether they want create an internet presence. We own their vanity urls just in case.
- You say they are special needs, how so?
Fluffy has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It runs a blue streak through my side of the family. Bear has global developmental delay (all aspects of her development) caused by cerebral palsy. The root cause of the cerebral palsy is complex and I think I wrote about it a while back.
- Why are manhole covers round?
Because the pipes they cover are round.
- Are you a Stay-at-home Mom or Work-at-home Mom?
I wish I knew. I own a digital media business and run a small rabbitry but parenting my high maintenance girls takes up most of my day.
- How many animals do you have?
2 dogs, 5 adult rabbits and any number of baby rabbits. We (Fluffy and I) hope to run a small farm.
- Are you crazy?
Medically, no. I have been tested multiple times and even though I think I am, I have not been diagnosed as insane. The doctors keep reminding me that the crazy never think they are crazy.
- So what are your medical conditions?
My chart is thick.
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis or Primary Biliary Cirrhosis , it’s one of the two but it’s not advanced enough to go through the pain of a liver biopsy.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- To make my medical history more colorful, I had a precancerous cervical phase in 1999, then precancerous colon polyps in 2007.
- How many medications do you take each day?
I just made a list. Today I am taking fourteen. It’s a lot of pills but it keeps me functioning.
- Are you a hypochondriac?
Only in my head. Which is what the Xanax is for. I tend to put off going to the doctor until it’s the “why haven’t you been in sooner?” phase. There is a long story behind it.
- What are your pet peeves?
Questions about pet peeves.
- What is your greatest weakness?
Taking everything personally. Xanax also helps with this.
- What is your greatest strength?
Discovering new weaknesses.
If you have more, ask via the contact page!